Monday, July 11, 2011

VACATION in Bigfork or How I learned to live "Like a Boss"

The Bridge in Bigfork. One car at a time people!
Take Turns!
So I totally wanted to post a blog every night while on vacation... I was too busy! WHICH WAS AWWESOME!! So here is a Reader's Digest Abridged version of my vacation complete with illustration:


DAY ONE! Flew standby on Delta. Which was nerve wracking, especially when the gate attendant tells you to, and I quote, "Oh girl you better start praying that someone oversleeps or is drunk in a bar cuz your flight is way oversold." I then proceeded to ask him which passenger I should take to the bar and proceed to get them liquored up. Gate attendants laughed and I knew I was in. (Singin' in the Rain, "Make 'em Laugh was inspiring.) I made it on the plane and coincidentally was sitting right next to a woman and her grand daughter from Georgia whose Amtrak tickets were also canceled like mine. But it all worked out in the end and I arrived in Montana hours before I would have if my Amtrak plans had worked.

My friend Rebecca (from over at Flathead Mama) is an amazing cook and over the porkchops, mashed potatoes and garlic green beans, I swore I was never leaving.

My favorite float, Banana Split anyone?!
Please note the DQ swirl helmets they are wearing.

DAY TWO! Fourth of July! Let me just tell you, the Bigfork parade was LONG! How a little town can put on a hour and 30 minute + parade was amazing.  There were so many great floats, and the people in all their patriotic garb was amazing! I'm not sure I've ever seen so much red, white and blue in one place. It was a lot of fun to be there with Rebecca, Christopher and the Burrito.
Good Ice Cream comes in Square Packages.
Another waffle cone my good sir!
After the parade they walked home and I walked the town a little bit more. Made a beeline to Eva Gates for Huckleberry Jam and Syrup. (If you've never, you must.) Then a stop at Sweet Peaks for Ice Cream. A scoop of Peanut Butter with Huckleberry Jam with a scoop of Avocado Lime. Yeah I said. Avocado. Lime.
 It was AAAAAMAAAAAZIINNNGG!
The day was completed with 4th of July Naps for everyone, another amazing supper and the fireworks down at the lake.

DAY THREE! deserves its own post and will continue with my Red Bus Tour, how I want to run away and be a Jammer, Grizzly Bears, Ice Cream and when I went to the lake did I fall in?! Action Packed I know!!

1 comment: