Sunday, April 17, 2011

Radio


Ah, radio. There is nothing quite like this immediate media source. See! I do remember something from Radio 101! Joy, please inform Mark that somethings were not lost on me, he should be pleased.

Radio. A career option that caught my eye in high school, inspired my college choice and has taken up most weeknds since.

As I sit on the cusp of celebrating my 10th year here at the station, it gives me time to reflect on the people I've meet, the programs I've run and the idiot callers who should have been given a test upon purchasing their phone. Good times, indeed.

Officially my anniversary is June, when I started as a lowly unpaid production intern for Cori Jensen. I was so intimidated that first day I could barely remember her name when I walked up to the receptionist. To this day, she still intimidates me is a friend.

During the next couple of months I'll be posting in review of my 10 years. A sort of "Best of",  if you will.

But one thing is for certain. I feel very blessed for having the opportunities I've had, the friends I've made, and yes, even for the idiot callers who should have been given a test upon purchasing their phone. Why? you ask. Two reasons, 1. they care enough to call and 2. THEY ARE LISTENING TO ME. And that is pretty amazing.

5 comments:

  1. I can't wait for the CALLERS post! "hang up and LISTEN!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This should be a good blog to follow (read: keep an eye on)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reminds me of a simpler time….. I miss it. I miss you! I especially miss those callers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Cori, I have had a few!! hahahaha I too am looking forward to that post.

    Ken, I think Nascar will be its own post, in all its glory!

    ReplyDelete